Data in marketing is one of the most valuable assets you can have – it allows you to reconnect with customers, understand their shopping habits and needs, and allows you to serve bespoke information via segmentation.
Many kiosk services have data collection facilities built into the software but what should you do when you gain access to the data directly?
- When you’re setting up data collection fields ensure you are only collecting data which is relevant to your needs
- If you are storing customer data outside of the secure kiosk data facility, ensure that relevant security measures are in place where the data is stored
- Segment the customer data where possible to allow for a greater understanding of their consumer behaviour and habits
- Keep the data sets regularly updated through adhoc communications with the customer/potential customer
- Familiarise yourself with the Data Protection Act – full details of the policy can be found on the Gov.uk website
- Avoid using unencrypted storage for data and transferring it unnecessarily between devices
- Do not utilise customer data for marketing use unless this has been highlighted throughout the data collection process
- Do not pass on customer data to any individual or organisation without their prior consent
- Don’t forget to protect the data from fire and other hazards
If you would like further information around the ways in which you can collect data from kiosks, such as our I-Survey Kiosks, or how to manage your data collection in tandem with our kiosk software, do not hesitate to get in touch.